OK, this blog was kinda lounging around not doing much of anything useful. So I have decided to.. er... rebrand it a tad.
Last night and this morning I wrote my list for that 101 things in 1001 days.
Here's what I put on my livejournal today:
OK. I have 101 things now.
And I am starting today!
1. 100 of the books we own that I haven’t actually read yet. (0/100)
2. 50 works of non-fiction. (0/50)
3. The Bible. Yes, all of it.
4. The Mabinogion. Yes, all of it.
5. The Bhagavad Gita. Yes, all of it.
6. All of Discworld. In order. (0/37) (Plus any new ones, the short stories online (0/6), the ‘Mappes’ (0/4), the Science books (0/3), the Quiz books (0/2) and the companions (0/9).
That’s it according to wilkipedia at 17/4/09. (Doesn’t include adaptations and movies, etc.))
7. Read all the books on this list. (0/100)
8. Every movie that has ever won Best Picture at the Oscars. (0/81)
9. Every movie that has ever won Cannes’ Palm D’or. (0/81)
10. All the movies on this list. (0/100)
11. All the movies on this list. (0/250)
(Yes, I know this seems like a lot, but there is overlap, so it isn’t really. We watch a lot of movies, anyway. ;P)
12. Go to the glaciers.
13. Spend some actual time in Auckland (airport doesn’t count).
14. Go see Christchurch.
15. Go wine tasting in Central Otago.
16. Go camping in the Catlins.
17. Go to Rotorua.
18. The ‘god of the forest’
19. Go to Stewart Island.
20. Go to Abel Tasman National Park.
21. Go to Hanmer Springs.
22. Go to the Dunedin Public Art gallery
23. Go do this.
24. Go on the Taieri Gorge Railway.
25. Go to the Marlborough Wine Festival.
26. See the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Hamilton.
27. Go ski-ing.
28. Go to Fiji.
29. Go to at least one other pacific island.
30. Go to Easter Island.
31. Develop friendships with at least five people.
32. Take up dancing again.
33. Get out of (current, UK) debt.
34. Buy a house.
35. Start growing herbs.
36. Go to 25 different live music events. (0/25)
37. Do the Rail Trail.
38. Empty inboxes. Which means doing everything that’s on hold therein.
39. Go for walks. 100 of them. (0/100)
40. Finish my masters thesis, hand it in, get MA attached to my name.
41. Get an academic article published.
42. Join ACLAR.
43. Give a conference presentation. Make it better than last time.
44. Paint 100 paintings. (0/100)
45. Give away or sell at least half of them. (0/50)
46. Get a story published.
47. Write 100 poems. (0/100)
48. Write 50 stories. (0/50)
49. Write 100 honest to goodness snail mail letters. (0/100)
50. Put on ‘Wonderland’.
51. Send 100 postcards. (0/100)
52. Make 50 blog entries on cooking blog. (0/50)
53. Make 50 blog entries on travel blog. (0/50)
54. Make 50 blog entries on Belgatherial’s Hearth. (0/50)
55. Make 50 blog entries on 101 things. (0/50)
56. Write 20 reviews. PUBLISH THEM (Somewhere – Librarything/Amazon/anywhere) (0/20)
57. Make something big and beautiful. (Hug collage??)
58. Do fire-dancing in public again.
The stuff I always say “I always wanted to do that” about part of the list.
59. Learn to play the cello.
60. Learn to play the drums.
61. Learn carpentry.
62. Learn french.
63. Take up bellydancing.
64. Ride in a hot air balloon.
65. Write a novel. (Henry’s just waiting…)
66. Learn to juggle.
67. Go to every continent. (INCLUDING Antarctica) (5/7)
68. Get the dragon tattoo
69. Create an improv everywhere type event.
70. Learn to sew.
71. Apply for a job as a chef by sending in a meal.
72. Learn to make puff pastry from scratch and GET IT RIGHT.
73. Finally get all the things framed that I’ve been wanting to frame for years, and haven’t because ‘we were just going to move again’. (0/??)
74. Have a snowball fight. A proper full on one with lots of people.
75. Listen to all the albums in the 1001 albums book. (0/1001) (This does not mean I have to own them, just listen to them all the way through.)
76. Find a way to read to children. Let’s say 25 times. (0/25)
The ‘just for fun’ bit
77. Host a cocktail party.
78. Host a masqued ball.
79. Test drive a car we can’t afford. (Do this one with Alec)
80. Go a week without my mobile phone.
81. Go a week without internet.
82. Sleep on a train.
83. Go strawberry picking.
84. Eat or drink 10 things I have never before tried. (0/10)
85. Write the CV with which I wish I could apply for jobs.
86. Apply for a job with it.
87. Host a medieval banquet. Make it as authentic as possible.
88. Go to 10 different theatre events. (0/10)
89. Have high tea with friends.
90. Redefine Valentine’s day and what it means as described in V-day post this year.
Make the world a better place.
91. Buy a stranger a meal.
92. Leave a kind note on someone’s windshield.
93. Pay a whole street’s worth of parking meters.
94. Raise money for a charity. Make it a big goal. GET THERE. (Birch?)
96. Start donating to cyberfunded projects again. Just a little each month.
97. Spend ten hours (not necessarily consecutive) reenacting Earth hour. (ie: NO electricity) Turn them into events. (Candlelit picnics, etc) (0/10)
98. Plant a tree.
99. For a week, eat nothing that doesn’t come from New Zealand.
100. Try vegetarianism for a week.
101. Create notes of validation and leave them where people will find them.
So? What thinketh you?
My final date according to this is Friday 13 January 2012. I kinda love that it ends on a Friday 13th. Heh.
Well. Here I go.
(ETA: Some clarifications: The 100 books list, I am not rereading ones I have already read. The movies list and the Discworld lists, I am starting from scratch (so ones I've seen or read before don't count, they only count as of NOW.))
So, I will be using this blog to document and keep track of how I am doing. I don't think my 2 and a half fans are going care too much about the change of direction, but if you really do, my apologies. Maybe someday I can get the old idea going again. Until then, maybe I'll inspire some people to go out and make a list of their very own.