Friday 17 April 2009

Lots of music and a movie.

It's been a chilled weekend, but I have been making my way through the 50s.

Have listened to a whole bunch of the albums in the 1001 albums list.
Louis Prima's Wildest while making dinner last night - great stuff. I do rather like this kind of 50s jazz/swing stuff. This was followed by Domino Fats' This is Fats, which was also grand.

Then this morning, Duke Ellington's At Newport (1956), which I wasn't quite so enamoured with, but that may have been cos I stayed up late last night and was very tired this morning. This was, however, followed by Frank Sinatra's Songs for Swingin' Lovers! which is delightful, but then I think we have established my ongoing love of Frank.

Then the Crickets' Chirping..., which... meh. It's ok, I guess. I guess I wasn't really in the mood for it. Am currently listening to Count Basie's Atomic Mr Basie, and really enjoying it, which maybe means that for me jazz is an evening thing. Heh.

In any case, it's been pretty nifty working through these albums chronologically. :)

In relation to another one of my lists, we had a movie marathon last night which included The Princess Bride which is on IMDB's top 250 list. So that's one ticked off that list. It's an old favourite, so I enjoyed it, quoted bits, laughed in advance, that sort of thing. *grin*

Still looking at potential dance stuff in Dunedin. There's a lot of possibility, though not much of the kind of dance I like best. Still, I may just drag A to salsa classes with me. That'd be fun. :)

No comments: